- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This drawing is offered only in the continental United States and is open only to legal residents of the U.S. who are 18 years of age or older, except employees, members of their households (whether related or not) and their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses) of Lufthansa German Airlines ("Lufthansa"), its respective affiliated companies, franchisees, promotional agencies, and anyone involved in the promotion, development, and handling of this drawing. Void outside the United States, in Puerto Rico, and where prohibited by law.
- How to Enter: Beginning on or about 12:01am Eastern Time ("ET") on March 13, 2006 and ending on or about 11:59 pm ET April 30, 2006, you may enter the drawing by (a) visiting www.lufthansa-usa.com/student, (b) registering for GenerationFly (c) agreeing that information on the registration page becomes the property of Lufthansa.
Incomplete or inaccurate registration forms are void. Limit one (1) entry per valid college/university educational (.edu) email address, per eligible person. No other form of entry will be accepted. Any person who attempts to participate with multiple email addresses, under multiple identities, or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times in violation of the preceding entry limitation will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like (on-line) entry methods will void all such entries by such methods and result in disqualification of any entrant using such methods.
- Contest Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize consisting of one pair of Economy Class tickets from any Lufthansa US gateway to any Lufthansa destination in Europe and a Garmin Handheld GPS Device. One (1) First Prize consisting of an Apple iPod with video. One (1) Second Prize consisting of a Sony PSP PlayStation Portable. Fifty (50) Third Prizes consisting of a GenerationFly daypack and a European travel book. One hundred (100) Fourth Prizes consisting of a GenerationFly flexible Frisbee.
The Grand Prize is subject to availability at time of booking and all travel must be completed by April 30, 2007. Winner must specify date of travel at time of booking. Air travel arrangements must be made through Lufthansa and winner must provide all information a minimum of twenty-one (21) days prior to their preferred departure date. Confirmation of requested travel date will be given 14 days prior to departure and will be subject to availability at time of booking. Once booked, travel arrangements may not be changed. The selected entrant and his/her traveling companion must have the same origin and destination and must travel together at all times.
The Prize winner and his/her traveling companion will be responsible for all expenses not specifically stated as part of the Prize, including, but not limited to, any applicable taxes, fees, airport charges and carrier surcharges, local transportation including air or ground transportation from the winner's home to a Lufthansa U.S.A. [US in paragraph 1 of #3, above] gateway airport, overnight accommodation prior to or following the travel dates in order to accommodate flight connections, income taxes, insurance, passport and visa costs, gratuities, all meals, beverages, incidentals, and any items of a personal nature. Winners receiving a prize valued at, or prizes with a cumulative value of, $600 or more will receive a 1099 form at the end of the calendar year. This tax information is reported to the IRS. Cancellation insurance is not part of the prize, but is recommended (must be arranged privately by winner). In the event of denied boarding, no compensation due by Lufthansa for costs directly or indirectly incurred. No mileage credit applicable.
The Prize winner and his/her traveling companion are responsible for procuring adequate documentation for European travel. Prize must be accepted as awarded with no substitution. Prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or credit, in whole or in part, for any destination. Lufthansa reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute the prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value, due to prize unavailability for any reason.
- How Winners will be Determined: The Prize will be awarded to the first person selected at random from among all eligible entries. The Prize will be delivered to the confirmed winner. The random drawing from all eligible entries will be held on or about May 15, 2006. Your chance of being selected is determined by the total number of eligible entries received.
- How Winner will be Contacted: The selected entrant will be contacted by email ONLY at the email address entered on the registration form. If the selected entrant does not respond by email within 7 days of transmission, or if the selected entrant does not comply with the drawing Rules and Regulations, that entrant forfeits any right to the Prize and another entrant will be selected. The Prize is not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded. In a dispute, the authorized account holder of email address will be declared the winner of online entry.
- Lufthansa is not responsible for failure for any reason whatsoever of selected entrant to receive notification. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Prize will be handled by Lufthansa. Lufthansa reserves the right in their sole discretion to substitute any and all part of the Prize with a Prize of comparable value.
- The selected entrant and his/her traveling companion will be required to sign a declaration of compliance with the drawing's Terms and Conditions and one or more releases to obtain the Prize. Lufthansa is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer system, property, or anything stored on or related thereto as a result of participation in, or connection with, this drawing. Entrants release Lufthansa from all liability in connection with the drawing and any Prize won.
- In order to be eligible to win the Prize, the selected entrant and the traveling companion of the entrant selected for the Prize must authorize Lufthansa to announce and publish their names, addresses, and photographs (without remuneration) in any publicity and also must sign one or more release forms in favor of Lufthansa's and declarations of eligibility. The declaration form will state that the selected entrant and his/her traveling companion, if applicable, has read, understood, and complied with the rules and regulations of the drawing, and that he/she accepts the Prize as offered.
- In addition, selected entrant and his/her traveling companion must, in order to be eligible to win the Prize, sign a discharge of liability form acknowledging non-responsibility of Lufthansa in respect to injuries, accidents, loss, or misfortune relating to the drawing and/or the awarding of the Prize. Failure to comply with all the drawing rules or to sign and return any of the release forms will result in disqualification and another entrant will be drawn from the remaining eligible entries received. A selected entrant will be declared a winner only after meeting all of the above terms and conditions. Traveling companion must also be at least the age of majority.
- Lufthansa is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, delay in operation or transmission or unauthorized access to or alterations of entries, or for technical, equipment, network, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunction or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry by Lufthansa, even if it affects ability to enter or entry into this drawing. Lufthansa is also not responsible for lost, stolen, misdirected, delayed, destroyed, or illegible entries. All submissions become the property of Lufthansa and will not be returned.
- The decisions of Lufthansa for the drawing will be final and binding on all entrants. By entering, entrants agree that they have read, understood, and agree to these drawing rules and regulations and release Lufthansa from all liability in connection with the drawing and/or any Prize. Prize is subject to all applicable federal, state, and municipal taxes which are the responsibility of the winner.
- Lufthansa reserves the right to amend or terminate all or any portion of this drawing at any time without prior notification. Lufthansa reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value in the event of non-availability of the Prize for any reason. Void were prohibited.
- All federal, state, and local laws/regulations apply. This drawing is governed by the laws of the State of New York (without regard to principles of conflict of laws), with venue and jurisdiction in Nassau County, NY, and all claims must be resolved in the courts located in Nassau County, NY, except as required by law.
- This travel award may not be combined with and/or applied to other certificates, promotions, or special offers, including, but not limited to: upgrades, government fares, tour/travel packages, group, convention/company meetings fares, bereavement, companion fares, senior citizen discounts, corporate agreements, student fares, child fares, travel industry discounts, internet fares, frequent flyer programs, or any unpublished programs.
- The names of the winners may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by May 30, 2006 to: Lufthansa German Airlines, NYC UD/D, 1640 Hempstead Turnpike, East Meadow, NY 11554. The names of the winners will be posted on the GenerationFly website at www.lufthansa-usa.com/student on or about May 22, 2006.
- "Lufthansa's Conditions of Carriage shall apply to all air transportation."